Adam Has Been Selected As Access All Areas 30 Under 30 The Next Generation Award! The ‘most innovative, impactful and intelligent people in the event industry under the age of 30’ from the Access All Areas Magazine.
Having left university 5 years ago, Adam started his career on the road delivering and collecting for one of our most prestigious clients the Ministry of Defence. Following that his first dabble into event management was organising the deployment of portable toilets for the Olympic Torch Parade across counties in 2012, a huge logistical challenge! Nowadays he oversees all the sales of our four brands; Site Equip, Site Waste, Site Build, and Site Event, but his heart lies in the event industry, negotiating large prestigious contracts and project managing those on-site.
Adam Has Been Selected As Access All Areas 30 Under 30 The Next Generation Award!
Adam has been instrumental in transforming Site Equip and the indicators that he is ‘one to watch’ and a clear leader of tomorrow is evident in his performance to date summarised as;
- Increased turnover by 150% over 3 years within our event division
- Designed and developed 7 x environmentally-friendly market leading products; the 3 bay vacuum pods, 6 bay vacuum pods, 10 bay shower, 6 bay shower pods, a large event urinal system, vacuum urinal pod, and disabled wet room.
- Revitalized the old tired image and restrictions of the event division under “loos r us” into a new branded and seamless overall group image under the Site Equip brand, of Site Event, Site Build & Site Waste.
- Produced costs budgets and a client list of interest to convince the directors to invest £500k in the event division with building brand new equipment, to ensure Site Event has the newest and highest quality fleet in the industry.
- Negotiated major event contracts and project managed over 100 major events including; Bournemouth 7s, D-Day State Visit by Donald Trump, Brand Events; Carfest South, Pub in the Park Series, The Game Fair, Standon Calling, Love Supreme, Boomtown, Glastonbury, Brighton Pride, AEG’s All Points East, Alexandra Palace and Royal Berkshire Show.
- Has increased the event team and pro-activity leads, develops and motivates the event team, with his passion for seamless event service.
- Project managed Site Event’s largest event customers onsite during the build, live & break. Liaising with his own operations team & organizing all outsourced transport companies and managing all subcontractors such as tanker companies through to Thames & Southern Water utility companies, whilst being the direct point of contact for the event organiser as well as managing an event team of up to 50 people. An intense & highly pivotal role for Site Event.
And he is not stopping there!
He has sights on being a director within the business in the next 5 years. He plans to increase the product range with more environmentally clean products to reduce not only Site Event’s carbon footprint but also influence the company’s clients to also think about their environmental policies. Adam is also very ambitious to increase not only Site Event’s offering but also our coverage area, with the increase in major and large events he has negotiated contracts with, new depots will be opening up across England. With Adam spearheading our 3rd Depot in North London, opening 2020.
‘It’s amazing what you can do in a short space of time, having left university 5 years ago joining the family business I have overseen; the events division more than double in turnover. Been able to devise new event strategies that engage with the clients & involve us more as partners to the festival than just suppliers. I’ve been given the opportunities to have free rein at completely redesigning our product range to include new innovative, sustainable vacuum toilets, unique to Site Event.’ Adam Gilbert, Site Equip.
Adam strengths include his passion and enthusiasm for getting to know his client and what they want to achieve. He achieves this with good humour and to constructively think and research outside the box. The end result is a client that understands his budget and the efficiency’s that can be made within to achieve a full and workable solution to the waste management of the site. He is building in resilience to each event should circumstances change through his ever-growing number of supplier contacts: for example changes in weather and ground conditions through to extra staff being needed. Consistently working as part of the event organisers team and being proactive means the relationship is one of building the event together. We are very proud that he has been recognised as one of the 30 and can’t wait to see where he take Site Equip, Site Event, Site Waste, and Site Build in the future.