What is World Toilet Day?
World Toilet Day is a to day raise awareness about those who do not have access to sanitation, water or a toilet. Over 2.5 billion people do not have improved sanitation and 1 billion do not have a toilet which offers privacy. In 2013 the United Nations General Assembly designated 19 November as World Toilet Day, to raise awareness of sanitation and ensure it is a global development priority.
Equality and dignity is the theme of World Toilet Day 2014. The campaign put the spotlight on how access to improved sanitation will reduce assaults and violence on women and children. In addition to increasing dignity, safety and health. Without accessible toilets and sanitation the 2.5 billion people remain at risk.
World Toilet Day are using #WeCan’tWait to raise awareness, so please help by sharing this article.
6 Things You Can Do To Help Raise Awareness of World Toilet Day
We have a few tips which you can use to help raise awareness of world toilet day.
1. Put up this poster, to educate people that toilets come in all shapes and sizes!
2. Pimp your toilet! – Just like we have with our 1+1 themed toilet trailer range..
3. Be an ambassador, invite your friends for dinner and let them know why #WeCan’tWait
4. Be a translator, use the hashtag #WeCan’tWait in different languages to ensure the message is communicated across the world
5. Be a film producer, create your own toilet based film…
6. Be a Guinness Record Holder and join the worlds longest toilet queue.