This code of conduct is applicable to all approved operators registered with Portable Sanitation Europe in relation to the operation, servicing and maintenance standards required by the organisation relating to the provision of portable sanitation units.
- The operator undertakes to comply at all times with Environmental Protection and Health & Safety legislation.
- The operator will co-operate with the client in the discharge of the client’s duties under relevant legislation.
- Unbiased advice on numbers of units to meet the need and the location will be provided and the appropriate level of service determined to meet the client’s requirements.
- The agreed number of units shall be installed at the right location and at the time agreed. Units will be undamaged, clean and in all respects usable.
- Where effluent is collected it will be disposed of in accordance with the principles contained in the Environmental Protection Act (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991.
- Toilets will be serviced on a weekly basis or where necessary, according to type. A record of servicing will be kept by the operator.Servicing should always include:
- Internal cleansing
- Replenishing all consumables
And may include:
- Emptying and recharging with water and toilet additive.
- Every effort will be made to collect units to meet the client’s requirements. Changes in collection arrangements will be notified to respective parties.
- Whilst the possibility of a spillage is remote, in the event of a spillage occurring, every effort will be made to control the situation and to take all steps necessary to protect the environment.
- Complaints of poor service will be dealt with as soon as practically possible. In the event that a solution is not agreed, an arbitration service is available.