Site Event is thrilled to announce that not only are we shortlisted for Best Toilets at the Festival Supplier Awards, but also our Operations Manager Mick Griffin has been nominated for Unsung Hero and our event team have been shortlisted for Supplier Team of the Year!
Site Event’s Operations Manager Mick Griffin has been shortlisted for Unsung Hero at this years awards.
Mick came into the 2021 season, with no prior events background, and to say he got ‘stuck in’ is an understatement. With an incredibly short and intense event season, Mick ensured units where quickly fixed, prepped and cleaned from one event to another event, whilst managing teams on site across various events including; Wickham Festival, Isle of Wight Festival and Carfest South.
Some of his stand out achievement this summer have been:
- Has pro-actively recruited and trained the event team, along side developing and motivates them with his passion for a seamless event service.
- Wickham Festival was the muddiest of the year, and to add to the challenge, mid-way through the live event a large section of the toilets had to be re-located due to the main stage being condemned. Where the toilets were situated, it was a so muddy, not even a vehicle could get to them. Mick therefore painstakingly moved each via a telehandler and tractor to their new locations. Quick thinking, can-do attitude and sweet talking the local farmers help him and the team, overcome, what could have been a disastrous scenario.
- Being able to think though scenarios and communicate these to the client means the client feels in control of each situation. Keeping the drama out of the situation having a clear head and working through each situation pulling in the resources available means that challenges can be reduced to minor inconveniences.
- Quickly getting to grips with our vacuum toilet systems we have built and developed in house, not only installing and ensure they are working correctly Mick has also increased their efficiencies on site, with technical tweeks and ideas for the best possible end product for the customer.
- Mick has managed to complete all these tasks with a smile and good natured approach that instantly puts the client at ease.
Mick’s strengths include his passion and enthusiasm for toilets and how the event can achieve a high level of service to attendees. He achieves this with good humour and to constructively think and research outside the box. The end result being a client that understands his budget and the efficiency’s that can be made within to achieve a full and workable solution to the waste management of the site. He is also building in resilience to each event should circumstances change though his ever growing number of supplier contacts for example changes in weather and ground conditions through to extra staff being needed. Consistently working as part of the event organisers team and being proactive means the relationship is one of building the event together.
Site Event’s team has also been shortlisted for Supplier Team of the Year.
At Site Event, we have a wide range of excellent staff, from high attention to detail planners, to charismatic salespeople, supported by team of passionate and knowledgeable service attendants, project managers and drivers.
Our team showed their strength and adaptability in March 2020, before the lockdown happened. The sales team were taking lots of enquiries for hand sanitiser stations, we had a limited amount in of fleet, so our build team quickly adapted and instead of building toilet trailers, they quickly started building hand sanitiser stations. Once we had run out of spare dispensers for the units, we could not order anymore due to the world going into lockdown. Therefore the team had the genius idea of using the hand sanitiser dispensers out of our event fleet of toilets – as these weren’t going out any time soon. Our staff quickly become key workers delivering these hand sanitiser units from NHS Nightingale Hospitals, to schools, manufacturing units, and testing stations.
The Festival Supplier Awards is an excellent evening of celebration and networking, held at London’s Hurlingham Club on Thursday 27th January 2022.
The award categories cover a multitude of outdoor event essentials, from staging, crowd management, temporary structures and crewing to crowd barriers, toilets, technology and glamping. There are also awards to recognise green suppliers, unsung hero’s, production teams and best suppliers.